Views peaked earlier this year with several popular blogs. The blog now averages 400 a month. Each day it is viewed 10 times even if there is no new blog entry.
Viewers come from all over the world. 50% are from the UK (3031) with 25% from the United States (1509); the latter reflecting the large number of Unitarian-Universalists. Third on the list surprisingly comes Russia (180), followed by Ireland (140), Canada (118), Germany (110), France (97), Ukraine (56), Australia (39) and Latvia (28). These numbers are small enough to be influenced by a few individuals. I occasionally get viewers from other parts of the world; in the last month for example from India, Indonesia and the Phillippines. So to some extent we are spreading the Unitarian messages far beyond our shores.
The most popular blogs have been those with a wider interest. They clearly come up in search engines and although only published in January of this year keep getting viewers:
- The Struggle for Religious Freedom 2.- the Unitarian Martyrs of 1662 with 290 viewers (23 January 2012). Why people are prepared to be martyrs for a faith seems to be of enduring interest.
- Dickens and 2012 and Unitarianism with 216 (4 January 2012) , provoked no doubt by all the interest in this Anniversary Year in his religious beliefs
- Implementation of Civil Partnerships in Religious Premises not a substitute for same sex religious marriage (19 September 2011) with 173
- How many Unitarians and Unitarian-Universalists are there? (15 February 2012) with 164
- Quakers "Pushing at the Frontiers of Change" (13 March 2012) with 161
The third and Fifth relate to how faith groups relate to LGBT people and the current equal marriage debates - a major fault line within many faith communities.
I will be making sure that the blog meets the needs of both British readers and those further afield and try not to make assumptions are knowledge of UK society and the faith scene here!
Thank you for your interest in the "Chief Officer's Blog".